- Recovered from getting Lasik. Best health decision of my life. Worth every single penny.
- I took an impromptu trip with my friend Kaila to New York City. It was my first real experience with the city and it was amazing. I was able to see Sir Patrick Stewart and Sir Ian McKellen in Waiting for Godot and No Man's Land. That is an experience I will never forget. Those two are incredible craftsmen. I was also able to see Pippin and Chicago. Another amazing moment was being able to get to tour the United Nations. It revived my love for foreign affairs.
- Able to celebrate with loved ones as Equal marriage was legal in Utah for a matter of days.
- My sweet cousin Jeni passed away. I was happy I was able to help get help and information out to our family in the months before she passed through making a family website.
- Saw Next to Normal at UVU. It touched my soul deep on so many levels. It is now my go-to show to listen to and to comfort myself when dealing with mental illness in my family. I was able to see it twice. The first, with my husband and mother-in-law, and the second with my sister Veronica, best friend Kelton, and my mother. The sorrow and pain catharsis helped heal my soul a bit and helped prepare me for the coming year.
- Started to really get close to my Grandma Charlotte and Aunt Leta. Those are friendships that I treasure so deeply. Their advice and love means the world to me.
- Got to really enjoy some fun nights out with people from Fox 13 celebrating Kelton, Darcy, Marie and my birthdays. It was great and helped create some of my treasured friendships.
- Threw a fabulous High Tea Bridal Shower for my best friend Brooke. It was an amazing event in which I got to create a beautiful party and honor my dear friend.
- Quit Fox 13 after learning a million things about the business, writing and myself. I made some really great friends there. I'm so lucky to have been able to work with my best friend, Kelton for months. It's a time I will always remember fondly.
- My best friend Brooke got married. It was an amazing event full of love, laughter and gorgeous decor. It went swimmingly and was one of the best events I've ever planned. I'm so glad I was able to be there and help her plan the start to her happily ever after.
- I was able to help my best friend, Trish, through one of the hardest things in her life. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to go to school and learn about the law, and then intern in a practical setting so I can have the skills I do. I love when I am able to help those I love with the knowledge I have.
- My brother, Leo moved in with me. It has been a wild, crazy, educating ride that I will forever remember. I'm so glad I have him in my life and that I'm able to get to know what an amazing kid he is. Being a parent of a 16 year old is not what I had in mind for my life right now at all, but with all of it's insane ups and downs, I know he is beyond worth it.
- Got bangs. They're flirty and fun and great.
- Celebrated our three year anniversary of being married to Alex. He's been by my side for 7 years through thick and thin. I married an amazing man that teaches me how to roll with the punches, lets me know I'm always loved and supported, and has a cute butt on top of all that.
- Took a completely spontaneous trip to Orlando to join Alex on a trip. We went to Sea World and enjoyed our time together. It reminded us how much we enjoy and love spending time together.
- Packed up our house when we thought we were moving into a new house-- only to be living out of boxes for nearly 3 months.
- 40's Photo-shoot with husband and bestie (and phenomenal photographer) Megan, followed by my surprise anniversary present to Alex of a private dinner in the woods with our own private chef, and then the night spent at Hines Mansion (where we spent our wedding night) in the gorgeous Library room.
- Trip to Santa Cruz to visit Alex's grandparents. This trip was momentous because I discovered my brother-in-law Wes is actually super cool and we have a lot in common. I'm so glad I got to get to know him better, because we have fun times together now. I also got my first ticket on this trip :(
- Went to a Rendezvous with my grandparents at Fort Bridger. It was an awesome time for Leo to get to know my grandparents more, and for me to get to spend awesome times with them. Grandma gave me an amazing bag that she used to use as a purse, it's modeled after a 14th century shotgun bag. It's amazing. I'm so glad Leo and I got to experience the Rendezvous and the culture that comes with it.
- Alex got run over by a gator/4wheeler with a bunch of heavy gear on it. He ended up with a blood clot in his arm, gruesome bruising and a lot of pain. We were just glad he was okay.
- Finally closed, renovated, and moved into our new house. We needed a bigger place after Leo was living in the front room on a couch for 4 months. We bought a duplex in North Orem. The inside still needs work, which is fun and rewarding. The yard in the home is gorgeous, and we are so happy to be landlords instead of tenants. We're also only a mile or two away from most of our immediate family, which is so amazing and fun.
- I was able to plan with my Aunt Leta a 50th anniversary celebration for my grandparents. The love they have for each other and the positive attitude they tackle life with is truly inspiring. I am so glad I was able to celebrate with them and their friends. I was also able to make a quilt with all of their children and grandchildren surrounding an image I feel represents their life. It was a very special experience for me.
- Living less than a mile from my dad means he shows up and helps me with projects around my house. I owe a lot of my surviving my first month in this place to him. He helped me make my house safer by cutting off dangerous branches on our big pine as well as several other projects. It was nice spending so much time with him.
- Celebrated 15 years of being adopted. Adoption Day is a time we all get to remember and celebrate the way we became a family. I'm so grateful for all my different, wonderful families and the joy they bring to my life.
- Was accepted into the Master's of Business Administration program at Utah Valley University. I am so excited to take this journey and cannot wait to start.
- Started a journey of self-exploration that is making me feel more validated, loved and happy. I'm seeing my life and childhood in a new light, and it's illuminating.
- Enjoyed the Christmas season for the first time in my life. I've spent a lot of time this year creating Christmas for Leo, and it's really helped me get over my baggage and just enjoy the joy.
I'm excited for the challenges and joys that I know the next year will bring. It's been an eye-opening year full of growth through joy and sadness. That's life to the fullest, the highs and the lows-- and I'm grateful for both.